Friday, April 19, 2013

Being Grateful

 I have to start this blog off with how grateful I am to have a beautiful, healthy boy. I was reminded tonight of how we over look the little things, like changing a diaper, or dealing with a tantrum, when there are so many people out there who have been trying for a baby and haven't been able to get pregnant, or who have a baby who isn't healthy. So even though I have been feeling frustrated with my little Drake these past couple of days I am reminded that I need to just take a deep breath and be grateful for every tantrum I get to deal with. And i'm sure you all are thinking that from that picture he is a little angel.... which he is..... most the time!
 The first week of April Drake had been running a really high fever! I was really panicking actually because I had checked his temp and it was 104.5! Luckily I have my awesome sister who is a pediatrician who keeps me calm more than I would like to admit :) Anyways, poor little Drake was doped up on medicine for three days trying to keep his temp down, and then the third day he broke out in this awesome rash. Thanks to Trisha I was informed that he had Roseola. As you can see he was still happy, like always.
 Where did my baby go??? He looks so old in this picture to me! He can stand on his own now for about 20-30 seconds, he still hasn't taken any steps yet.
 When we were in Utah we went swimming and he loved it!! I knew he already loved water because he loves his bath time but taking him swimming really proved how much he does!
 Drakes new thing is to take his shoes and socks off when we go any where in the car. This picture was from the other day when I got home from Target and he had taken both socks off and decided to put one of them in his mouth! It adds a bit more work for me but it makes me smile every time because he thinks he is so funny!!
 We were lucky enough to have Brooke and Court come visit for a week!! The week they were here Tyler and I happened to be moving so the first two days of their visit they got to watch Drake for us! Brooke is such a cutie with him! She is just adorable! And the third day was when Drake started his fever but we still were able to visit the zoo with them.

Not much to say about this picture except I love the face he is pulling in this picture! He definitely got his facial expressions from Ty!
 We found a RC track that we have been going to once a week. Drake loves it there! He really enjoys watching the cars drive by. All the people who work there really like Drake too! Needless to say, the days we spend at the track, Drake doesn't have a dull moment.
 The other day I was making dinner and I thought that it would be a good idea to let Drake play in his drawer. Well it kept him entertained while I cooked and I thought wow this is awesome! Well the next day Drake made his way into the kitchen and opened his drawer and again I thought, man i'm so smart! Well then he started watching me open all these other drawers around him and decided that he was bored with his! So now he wants nothing to do with his and everything to do with the ones he can't be in! I think its time to baby proof!
The other day we went to a park and he loved the swing! We have been back a couple times since. Oh and I should mention that Drake can go up stairs now! He thinks he is so funny when he quietly crawls towards the stairs and when I come around to get him he just smiles and laughs at me!   

Drakes new thing is to hold a ball in each hand. I chose this picture to show that just because he was eating ice cream, and he loved it, he still wouldn't put them down. He takes them every where with him. He tries to crawl with them, he eats with them, we go in the car with him, he sits in his stroller with them. He is pretty cute with them. Also we have taught Drake to give kisses but instead of kissing he bites and licks your lips! Having this little boy is an adventure every day and I am so grateful for him! I can't wait to see what else is in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment